The Human Factors and Ergonomics research group was represented at the Conference AHFE 2016 (www.ahfe2017.org). The event took place in Los Angeles, United States. The HFErg was represented by several of the group researchers, including its coordinator, Pedro Arezes and Nelson Costa (picture above).
The conference was held during 5 days, from the 17-21 July, and was attended by a significant number of Portuguese researchers, students and professionals. The HFErg members have published some works in the books resulting from the conference, including the edition of one of those books by Pedro Arezes, in his role as the chair of one of the affiliated conferences at AHFE (picture below). The full book reference is:
- Arezes, P. (2017) Advances in Safety Management and Human Factors (Ed.). Springer AISC Series 604 ISBN 978-3-319-60525-1, 643 pgs.
The works presented were also published as book chapters (available through request to parezes(at)dps.uminho.pt) and it included the following ones:
- Colim, A; Arezes, P; Flores, JP; Verdasca, R; Braga, AC (2017). Analysis of Infrared Imaging During Vertical Handling Tasks in Workers with Different Levels of Obesity. in P. Arezes (ed.), Advances in Safety Management and Human Factors, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 603 Springer: Switzerland 2017 ISBN 978-3-319-60525-1, pp. 447-455.
- Costa, N; Simões, P; Costa, S.; Arezes, P (2017). Driving Workload Indicators: The Case of Senior Drivers. In P. Arezes (ed.), Advances in Safety Management and Human Factors, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 603 Springer: Switzerland 2017 ISBN 978-3-319-60525-1, pp. 604615.
- Loureiro, I; Pereira, E; Costa, N; Ribeiro, P; Arezes, P (2017). Global City: Index for Industry Sustainable Development. In Charytonowicz, J. (Ed.) Advances in Human Factors, Sustainable Urban Planning and Infrastructure, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 600 Springer: Switzerland 2017. ISBN 978-3-319-60449-7, pp. 294-302.
- Braganca, S; Steele, J; Gill, S; Carvalho, M; Arezes, P (2017). Sports-Wear in Wheelchair Rugby: Establishing Design Needs. In Di Bucchianico and Kercher (Ed.) Advances in Design for Inclusion, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 587 Springer: Switzerland 2017. ISBN 978-3-319-60596-8, pp. 381-389.